Tuesday 25 August 2009

Sometimes, just sometimes, hubby gets it right

I am all but dead ... being a zombie would be so much easier. I am tired, exhausted, fatigued and falling down drop dead bloody worn out. I am run ragged and on reactive respond mode.

MadMother has become so difficult I am thinking of moving away, for ever, with no forwarding address. So, when I got home on Friday and hubby told me he had a plan, I just nodded, cooked, ate, had glass of wine, went to bed.

When I got home on Saturday he had built a masterpiece. I now have a yarn room. A YARN ROOM! Not just stuff squeezed in a wardrobe, not just a cupboard ... but this ....


He knows that the OCD in me gets very anxious when I have no control over things in my life. He knows that the thing that soothes me is organising and controlling.

I had the best weekend for ages ... even though the weekend was only Saturday evening and Sunday morning.

I sorted; I organised; I labelled and I printed lists (not least the stash list from Ravelry). It was the best time I have had for at least six weeks.


My books are organised, my yarn is organised, my needles are organised and even my buttons are organised ....










Look .....

I have control, I have power. I don't have total control but I have some ... and do you know some is better than none.

Do you know what else ...

Sometimes, just sometimes, hubby gets it REALLY right! Thank you.

2 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

fantastic! what a wonderful man!
and bizarrely the verif word below this is "cleans"

knitternicky said...

Oh wow, you lucky lucky lady. Just when you needed reminding that there is some love and wonderful left in the world it presents itself to you in the best way ever.
Hope you spend many a happy hour destressing in there you deserve it!!! ((((Hugs and kisses.)))
BTW my verif word is complete gobbledygook!!!

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds and custom web site design.