Thursday 12 March 2009

The groom is late ....

Well, just in case you are the only people on the planet I have not yet told, my sister in Oz is getting married!!!!! And because Oz is sort of humid and warm and lovely and sunny but never cold, knitting my sister a bridal shawl or sweater would be very very silly.

So, I thought a little bride and groom doll. Jean Greenhowe, had a lovely (plainish) pattern, which I have adopted and tweaked.



Now the bride has a lacy dress and headdress, edged with blue sequins, a real (well almost) pearl necklace, a bouquet of pink roses ..

she has ribbons and bows, as a girl should have, a low top with some sexy edging to bring the grooms eyes to her (ok in this instance rather flat) cleavage .....











And she has white silky knit knickers, and a gorgeous garter, which matches the sequins on her dress!


I think she is a dish!




Meanwhile groom is beside himself (literally - he's in pieces!), like all nearly finished things (and don't you think that's such an apt description of a groom) he needs pulling together. Of course, being a man, he is looking forward to being stuffed :)

Bride has blond hair like my sister, and so the groom must have a salt and pepper beard like the groom ... I'm still working on that!


Meanwhile in a blog far far away ... well actually rather near ... I got tagged by Suse-the-slow-knitta
... like this ...

..It is, of course,the prestigious world renowned Honest Scrap award



The rules are :
1. Pick 7 or so blogs that make you happy
2. Let them know and post their names on your blog.
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.so here we aresome great blogs, which also win the Honest Scrap award!
1. Yarn Harlot - I'm not unique, nor especially gifted in recognising SPmP's ability to make blogging fun. I'm also honest enough to say that on the day's she doesn't blog, I read her Tweets over and over!
2. Suse, personna who nominated me for this award. Things I should have asked my Gran, makes me smile ...
3. Here I have to confess to being somewhat of a short lived blog tart. I dip in and out of blogs, I follow links from people I like to people they like ... I read a lot of interesting stuff and have a lot of fun. However, it makes me fall short on my list of subscriptions.
Well, that's 1 and 2 taken care of ... so for 3 ... here goes
10 true things:
1. I am so small you wouldn't believe it. My feet are just under 8 ins long, that's a size 32 continental shoe.
2. I own over 100 pairs of very expensive imported, mostly Italian shoes. I found a source for gorgeous feminine but teeny tiny shoes and have subscribed faithfully every season.
3. All my shoes are boxed, with photos on the front and stored in order in true OCD style in my cupboards.
4. 99% of the time I walk around bare foot!
5. I love making costumes for fancy dress. I have recently made cowboy\girl outfits for DD and partner, Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter, for DH and myself, and lastly dread Pirate outfits for nephew's 18th birthday party I have also been known to make a prom dress with just 2 days notice.
6. I adore cooking - absolutely love real fresh food, and am totally happy when cooking for visitors.
7. If I fall in love with a film I remember the words ... I become word perfect on second watch and can quote from my favorites ... not just Casablanca!!
8. I have parachuted, glided, been the first passenger in a newly qualified pilot's first flight, I have sailed in dinghies and vast ocean liners, I have been on trains and chunnels. I have never ridden on a tandem, skateboarded or skied.
9. I've been mistaken for someone I'm not and been treated as a vip!
10. I have steel blue eyes and long blond hair (the latter completely courtesy of my hairdresser Julie).
So now I am supposed to tag someone else .. but sadly, because of the licentiousness of my blog habits, I am tagless .....
Win some ...... winsome Oh well back to trawling other people's blogs!







1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

the bride looks so beautiful!

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds and custom web site design.