Saturday 28 March 2009

Bride Groom and Bat-eared Bunny

So, at last, the groom is sewn and stuffed.  He has a goatee, like the real groom and the hair colour match is pretty realistic! 

He has a teeny tiny cravat pin, wing collar on his shirt and a flower matching the ones in the brides bouquet ... aren't they dapper!

 I just hope the real groom will be as protective of my sister, the bride, as this groom is of his.




Meanwhile, I have been celebrating my birthday, perhaps with a little more fervour and champagne than government guidelines suggest is good for me; but hey it was good quality champagne, it lasted all day and it made me happy.  And, lovely as it was, it's not going to be repeated for a bit of a while :(

One special gift was from a dear friend, who crocheted me a lovely hug ...

 a warm snuggly, merino cosy, beautifully made, with love, care and thought ... how nice is that!


























Meanwhile, my first ever spinning to knitting project was a success ... ok only rabbit size ... but the sweater looks good.  Next time I may try for something larger than hand sized!























And here is chocolate bunny wearing the sweater ... it's not the best photo ever, but sadly I didn't check before BatBunny went to live with DD ...
























Finally it's only 3 days until I fly out to Oz ... I haven't packed, or made a list.  I haven't decided what I'll wear ... but I did finish my knitting!!

Keep safe
xx

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

the groom looks fab! well done! I'm impressed with your knitting from your handspun, my drop spindle is still hiding in the cupboard!

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds and custom web site design.